Saturday, October 24, 2009

Crowded New York I: P U






This is pretty far along and I can't really tell how much more I want to add to it so I'm waiting for my next class to get some much needed input and see what everyone thinks. I think it's pretty close to finished.

I've learned a lot while handling the color for this particular illustration and have taken several suggestions from my instructor as to how to make the coloring process more effective for my type of drawing. I look forward to working faster with the next four drawings which will afford me much needed time to experiment. I looked back at the other colored version of this drawing I had initially brought to class and this new one is much stronger.

I've used several layers of hand painted elements in this illustration which automatically makes it different from the previous work I've done using photoshop. It's too soon to say there's a personality to the way I'm coloring but with time hopefully that will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment